Posting Note: #PCHCB
This position assists in the planning of occupational therapy services and the training and mentoring of occupational therapy clinicians to enhance occupational therapy skills development. This position consults with the Clinical Supervisors within the Rehab Department and managers of collaborative departments, physicians and professionals regarding the provisions of care, development of programs and clinical skills. In addition, this person will provide direct patient care and provides leadership for the daily administrative functions of multiple specialty programs and new graduate clinical skill development.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides clinical leadership and training for occupational therapists. Provides or coordinates discipline specific education and develops/or tests clinical pathways. Enhances staff development through the establishment of program and individual goals. Participates in discipline specific and multidisciplinary program expansion.
- Coordinates occupational therapists presence in PCMG clinics.
- Evaluates and treats patients, demonstrating knowledge of normal development and skills necessary to provide age appropriate intervention. Provides care as outlined in the standards of care section of the Policies and Procedures manual. uses pediatric-based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of children. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with age appropriate goals and target time frames, which are discussed and mutually agreed upon with the family and or caregivers.
- Assists with the appraisal process by bringing relevant clinical perspective for occupational therapists . Assists with interviewing process and makes recommendations for hiring and terminating employees.
- Coordinates occupational therapy student affiliation programs.
- Provides education programs and in-service training to physicians in training, physicians in general, staff, allied health professionals and others in the community regarding the role of the occupational therapist in paediatrics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.