This position directs Patient Access (IP Admitting, Clinic and Radiology Registration, Emergency Department Registration, Financial Counseling, Scheduling and the Financial Clearance Center), Health Information Management, Care Management, Patient Financial Services, Customer Service, and Revenue Integrity departments that combine the full scope of hospital and physician revenue cycle operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Directs Patient Access, Health Information Management, Case Management and Utilization Review, Billing, Collections, Customer Service departments that combine full scope of hospital and physician revenue cycle operations.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer to develop Revenue Cycle strategy. Develops and monitors Key Performance Indicators. Follows through by monitoring qualitative and quantitative performance to ensure achievement of targeted financial and non-financial goals.
- Develops clear, concise operational plans that reflect key departmental goals and objectives. Develops clear business plans and project plans as required. Effectively manages projects to ensure timely achievement of objectives. Prepares and develops a variety of financial and operational reports to identify and monitor trends, activity, and report changes. Develops appropriate action plans to modify results in accordance with required outcomes.
- Maintains excellent patient, physician and payer relationships through proactive customer service-oriented approach. Resolves issues between parties. Refers major issues and provides feedback, analysis and insight to Chief Financial Officer.
- Collaborates closely with Managed Care, Decision Support, Finance, Information Technology, PCMG Administration, and Clinical departments. Works on joint teams to solve complex, interdepartmental issues.
- Develops and manages management team through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resources policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of team to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards. Makes personal growth and development a priority by facilitating the professional growth of management team by accurately assessing learning needs, styles, and barriers to learning and coordinating learning opportunities in conjunction with education staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.