This position researches and codes all office, surgical and procedural-based reports/records by assigning accurate CPT codes, current version of ICD (diagnosis codes), HCPCS and modifiers in accordance with CMS coding guidelines and principles in a compliant manner.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Accurately assigns diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with established department policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Completes daily productivity logs as instructed. Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes using current version ICD and CPT-4 classification systems in compliance with professional practice and facility coding guidelines by reviewing health records to ascertain all appropriate procedures on outpatient and inpatient performed at a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists Manager, Coding/Compliance with monitoring coding area work flow as needed. Maintains tracking sheet for missing documentation for professional services.
- Acts as a resource to the staff by maintaining professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement, and remains apprised of current trends, developments, and is aware of coding changes. Attends training and educational activities.
- Consults with physicians, managers, and support staff to clarify documentation and interpret clinical information necessary to ensure all coding initiatives are met. Interacts with Physician Revenue Cycle resolving billing and denial issues within established industry filing limits. Participates in a variety of department, unit, and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides education regarding coding changes/updates to professional provider staff members ensuring solutions contribute to improved performance. Tracks and trends physician/departmental coding patterns and reports these findings to appropriate leadership.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.