This position manages the accounting - including budgeting and financial reporting - for grants and research projects, as well as the general accounting for restricted funds created by the Foundation as a result of donor-restricted gifts.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintains close coordination and communication with the Foundation fund raising management to identify the need for creation and maintenance of separate restricted funds to match the segregation of funds as required by donor gifts.
- Oversees the development of budgets, policies and procedures to control and accurately report transactions in accordance with contracts, GAAP and other appropriate guidelines.
- Interacts as lead representative of Accounting with the Research Administration Department, Information Technology and the Foundation to ensure accurately and timely development of procedures and reports needed to manage and report grants, research and other restricted funds according to strict sponsor/donor guidelines.
- Serves as lead Accounting resource in interacting with external auditors for all financial activities related to the Foundation or research grants, including the preparation of schedules needed for the A-133 audit.
- Maintains technical and professional proficiency with respect to Foundation and research/grant accounting in accordance with GAAP, A-133 audit, NIH and other research requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to the Foundation and Research/Grants leadership in areas of financial control, financial reporting, variance analysis and compliance with grant and contract requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.