Posting Note: #PCHCB
This position provides clinical and operational leadership of patient care services with direct supervision of nursing and support staff. In addition, it ensures consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory and professional standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Ensures family centered care for all areas of responsibility
- Patient Satisfaction Results are benchmark quarterly, shared with staff, and performance improvement plans are in place to continuously improve and exceed targets.
- Is a leader in the Service Excellence Program in all areas of responsibility.
- Coaches and Mentors all staff in exceeding family centered standards.
Accountable for Compliance in Regulatory and Professional Practice Standards of Quality Care
- Continuously Audits areas of responsibility for continuous regulatory readiness.
- Holds themselves and others accountable to being aware of new professional and regulatory standards of practice in all areas of practice.
- Maintains Continuing Education Units and Servitor where applicable.
Facilitates a Positive Team Environment
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of human resource protocols for interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling for improvement, and termination.
- Completes timely and thorough staff evaluations.
- Has positive physician, peer, and senior administration interactions and respectful professional relationships.
- Works as a team with other departments on performance improvement, patient throughput
- Shares employee engagement scores and joint action plans to improve overall benchmark scores each year.
- Assure Surgery schedulers, Nursing supervisors, Surgery Techs are all aware and in alignment with patient throughput and access initiative.
- Conducts staff meetings, morning report, UBC meetings, and coaching as needed to assure staff and front line supervisors are mentored as needed.
Actively Manages Staffing and Supplies Daily to meet or exceed budgeted targets
- Work with Director to plan budget for staffing and supply targets
- Work with Service Leads, Nursing, and Materials management on par levels and preference cards to assure accuracy and timely revenue.
- Manage staffing to assure productivity levels are met or exceeded.
- Documents variances in a timely fashion.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.