The Manager, Public Relations & Communications works with senior leadership to develop and implement communication strategies for internal & external audiences. Responsibilities also involve handling all communications with the public, including events and press releases. This position interacts with physicians, nurses, managers, and administrators, and must have excellent communication skills.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Responsible for developing and implementing strategic, creative and results-oriented Public Relations programs that use traditional and digital media channels to support Phoenix Childrens brand strategies and enterprise initiatives.
- Develop and implement creative PR programs that impact and align with the business growth and overall Marketing and Communications strategies for Phoenix Childrens business lines/internal brands; including Hospital, PCMG, PCCN, Employees and Patients.
- Manage media relations by writing and managing approval and distribution of releases, pitching story ideas both verbally and in writing, and facilitating and preparing for media spokesperson interviews.
- Develop strong media contacts to generate high-quality and in-depth coverage of Phoenix Childrens Hospital, the treatments we provide, our pediatric expertise and the family-centered care that we provide to our patients and their families.
Establish strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, external agencies, and members of the media to provide effective PR counsel and ensure that PR efforts are integrated with brand strategies and programs.
- Develop and hone the tone and voice of senior leadership in order to gain their trust and confidence that materials can be written on their behalf with little to no guidance or input.
- Ensure that all PR strategies and messages protect the organizations reputation and are consistent with Phoenix Childrens branding initiatives, marketing messages and media policy.
- Recognize, elevate and manage crisis issues effectively.
- Showcase strong B2B and B2C content development capabilities including independent researching, writing, editing, and/or outsourcing of written assets. Be informed about industry trends, competitive landscape and growth opportunities to inform thinking and execution of brand strategies.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.