The Stewardship Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic stewardship program to include individualized stewardship plans for donors, targeted groups and potential donors. The Stewardship Officer will lead the coordination, and implementation of a thoughtful and creative stewardship program responsive to the needs of frontline fundraisers, donors, and prospects from the point of initial acknowledgement through the lifecycles of the funds and their associated donors. The Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation is committed to delivering an innovative, mission-inducing and data-driven stewardship program, with a keen focus on delivering a donor-centric model thereby strengthening relationships with donors and partners. This position reports to the VP, Individual Giving and works closely with the Donor Relations team. He/she delivers exceptional stewardship, recognition and customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- The Stewardship Officer is responsible for designing and managing the implementation of a division-wide, comprehensive stewardship and donor relations system that appropriately and consistently promotes meaningful interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
- Proactively supports the stewardship efforts of the major, planned, foundation and annual gift officers by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors with whom they work.
- Identifies and recommends best practices being developed at top institutions and applies these to leverage stewardship opportunities that enhance the donor experience and build new avenues of engagement.
- Must be able to think strategically and develop creative methods for stewarding donors in order to maintain and advance high-quality, long-term relationships.
- This position must maintain focus on larger organizational goals and align programs, donor initiatives and activities accordingly.
- Leads staff with developing and executing analysis of their programs by setting key metrics to measure the financial impact of stewardship efforts.
- Works in close partnership with the Vice President of Foundation Operations and Vice President of Individual Giving to develop operating policies and procedures, as well as departmental and individual goals and metrics.
- Establishes and oversees models for acknowledging, tracking, recognizing, involving and reporting to donors that are consistent across all levels of philanthropy.
- Develops and gathers content across the department and the hospital that are essential for a comprehensive stewardship program.
- Designs, documents and manages implementation of a systematic and integrated donor relations program that encompasses recognition and stewardship events, giving societies, chair and naming celebrations, giving summaries, volunteer engagement and philanthropy impact reporting.
- Leads with a collaborative approach, works in partnership with revenue business units and is an effective advocate for fostering a culture of stewardship that permeates all Foundation activities.
Communications & Marketing
- Working collaboratively with Communications and Digital to develop and execute a comprehensive donor experience strategy with targets and measurements.
- Writing philanthropy reports that convey impact and align with production schedules
- Liaising with Foundation and Hospital Communications for media events, requests, announcements and releases
- Utilizing social media to enhance stewardship strategies and experiences
- Participates in improving organizational performance by implementing areas or approaches for improvement, performing new procedures, and providing input to department discussions
- Attends and participates in regular departmental staff meetings, communicating information and team updates
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.