Posting Note: #PCHCB
This position will manage the operation of all outpatient sports medicine rehabilitation services. Responsibilities include assurance of proper functioning of the department through leadership, management, and development of outpatient therapy services in sports medicine satellites. Responsible for overseeing and implementing existing and new programs, overseeing the referral management system and schedulers. This position must demonstrate a commitment to providing high quality patient care and service through positive leadership and total quality management. This position reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation for matters regarding compliance, and regulatory duties of daily operations and competencies, state, and federal practice guidelines, and performance reviews. In addition, the position will maintain responsibility to the Medical Director of Sport Medicine. regarding ongoing fiscal management, program coordination, and co-development.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
I. Actively leads daily outpatient program operations and maintains departmental operational, compliance and quality programs related to patient care, equipment, staffing, scheduling and billing.
- Maintains incident reports
- Insures department is in compliance with Joint Commission, federal and state, CMS and hospital requirements.
- Supports and assures documentation is timely and accurate.
- Timely evaluations and consults according to hospital, state and federal policy.
Responsible for overall human resource management of their direct reports including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Is responsible for the proper orientation, training and development of all personnel in the outpatient department.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures and licensure regulations.
Provides clinical leadership and management of the outpatient sports medicine rehab department/program.
- Supports the needs of PCMG referrals and establishes specialty programs.
- Monitors referrals for appropriate plan of care including duration and visits.
- Continuously develops programs to provide state of the art pediatric therapy services.
Establishes and Maintains positive and professional relationships with medical and hospital staff, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and encourages a positive attitude in employees.
- Follows hospital and state licensure policy and procedures.
- Makes effective use of time.
Fiscal accountability for outpatient sports medicine rehabilitation services.
- Is responsible for the effective and efficient use of departmental personnel.
- Is responsible for departmental productivity standards.
- Consistently operates within the departmental budget
- Oversees waiting list and makes sure templates are filled to capacity.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.