This position is responsible for receiving and entering charges in accordance with standard billing policies and reimbursement principles, clinical documentation practices, and CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding through the use of the hospitals electronic information systems and manual processes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Ensures authorizations, insurance, billing provider/aux doctor, group, co-pay on account and any pertinent data is completed on patient's account prior to posting charges
- Receives and enters charges on all assigned outpatient/inpatients within 48 hours of receipt of the charge sheet. Verifies all no charge accounts.
Receives and enters charges to be billed in accordance with compliance guidelines established by governmental payers, participating insurance payers and other contracts in a physician practice setting. Prioritizes work to maximize turn around time.
- Ensures the accuracy of posted charges at the end of each day.
Notifies Sr. Charge Poster/Supervisor of any system issues that may affect revenue
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.