Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation (PCHF) is experienced Major Gift Officer. This person will play a major role in securing financial resources to assist Phoenix Children's Hospital to continue to provide the level of care that have made it one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. The position is incentive eligible and offers many benefits including immediate vesting in a 401K plan. The Major Gift Officer will work a strong, qualified prospect base and will join a team of professional and supportive colleagues to achieve success. PCHF is planning an exciting new campaign with the potential to be a game changer for the care of Arizona’s children. Phoenix Children’s Hospital is the only all pediatric facility in the southwest region. With a Medical Staff of nearly 1,000 pediatric specialists, Phoenix Children’s provides inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care across more than 70 pediatric subspecialties, the most comprehensive pediatric care available in the state. PCHF is located in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US and ranks by CNN Money as one of the 10 fastest-growing cites in the nation. Because of our beautiful weather, most outdoor activities are available year round. With over 300 days of sunshine, Phoenix has an average daily temperature of 75 degrees. Phoenix was voted #12 best city to Live and Work by Robert Half Career City Index 2016. Phoenix is one of only 13 US metropolitan areas to have representatives of all four major professional sports leagues. In addition to a vibrant sports scene, Phoenix also boasts a strong supply of cultural activities. ArtLink First Fridays brings the city together and is the nation’s largest, self-guided art walk touring more than 70 galleries, venues and art-related spaces. Join us at the world-renowned Heard Museum, historic Orpheum Theatre, one-of-a-kind Musical Instrument Museum, Symphony Hall, Comerica Theatre, Talking Stick Resort Arena, Herberger Theater, Phoenix Art Museum and the Desert Botanical Garden. Come join us in the Valley of the Sun! #PCHCB
This position plays a key role in the Foundation's exciting goal to double philanthropy by 2020 to meet the rapidly growing needs of the hospital and advancing its mission to provide hope, healing, and the best health care for children and their families. As part of a fast paced environment, this position identifies, develops, broadens, and maximizes major gift support primarily from individual prospects to increase awareness and support of hospital programs, initiatives and goals through philanthropic giving. This position receives regular review of completed work activities from the Director of Annual Leadership Giving and the SVP, Chief Development Officer. This position does not supervise any staff members.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Actively participates and engages in a variety of discovery/cultivation/solicitation activities to develop a rich portfolio of major gift prospects to ensure achievement of major gift fund raising goals and objectives. Develops strategies for identifying potential prospects and growing the donor base. Initiates and develops relationships with major gift prospects and donors including, but not limited to individuals and the corporate and foundation communities to increase community awareness and support. Builds and maintains a portfolio of 100 or more prospects and continually makes measurable moves in identifying, researching, cultivating and soliciting top prospects. Regularly reports major gift activities and results against targets to achieve performance metrics of prospects cultivated, calls made, proposals developed, solicitations, gifts closed and dollars raised. Works closely with the Director of Annual Leadership Giving, Senior Vice President and staff to develop and implement strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospects. Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize the giving potential of donors to ensure the success of the Major Giving program and overall team.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates various prospect cultivation and donor recognition communication strategies to engage and increase interest and philanthropy throughout the local, regional and national community.
- Develops expertise in Hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines; serves as a Foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs.
- Seeks opportunities to represent Phoenix Children's appropriately at community functions, networking and nurturing new and existing relationships
- Works closely with Director of Annual Leadership Giving, Senior Major Gift Officer, and Senior Vice President, Foundation and other staff members to identify and develop relationships with major gift prospects and donors to maximize long-term and continued giving potential. Maintains professional competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement remaining apprised of current and national trends and developments including awareness of latest technology and practices to promote leading edge performance.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.