PCH is working towards a nationwide reputation for developing leading edge solutions to healthcare problems using Microsoft Development Technologies. This position will develop solutions ranging in scope and complexity for use throughout the hospital to solve a wide variety of needs. The position requires not only technical expertise in SQL Server, ASP.NET , VB.NET and WinForms, but also the demonstrated ability to apply those skills to real world problems and explain and teach them to other staff. Significant emphasis is placed on an individual's ability to analyze a business situation, determine the appropriate technology to address the need and conceptualize all components of a successful solution both in business and technical terms. It is expected that this individual will have a high degree of creativity, be able to teach others and be comfortable working in an unstructured environment with competing demands for time and attention.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Works with the Project Manager, end users and other programmers to establish system design and architecture.
- Works with users, Team Leader, and other members of the group to determine a project specification.
- Helps define and ensure understanding of business logic and process flow through real-life observation.
- Ensures comprehension of the business purpose through discussion and evaluation of the processes by interacting with end users.
- Suggests and recommends innovative alternatives to solving problems.
Researches, defines and applies new technologies to solve business needs.
- Reads about, researches, and understands new technologies and principles that are gaining traction in the industry.
- Once identified, produces and explains sample projects that use new technologies to development staff.
- Determines the applicability and relevance on new technology to future projects.
- Develops, participates and maintains the PCH Developer Playbook which defines the standards for application development within the department.
Communicates regularly with project team and produces system prototypes.
- Initiates project review meetings during the development life cycle with team members and end users.
- Prepares prototypes and written documentation to communicate ideas and vision to project team.
- Actively participates in the development life cycle by anticipating problems and recommending alternative solutions.
Focuses on the business purpose and effectiveness of the solution in meeting the need in a timely way.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the business process and purpose of systems developed.
- Adjusts and aligns development strategy to deliver a timely and relevant solution.
- Understand the cost/benefit of alternative solutions.
- Balanced the risk of new programming approaches with the need for a fast, effective outcome.
Is a team player in IT.
- Participates in training initiatives for programmers and users.
- Attends and participates in regular programmer group meeting.
- Maintains knowledge of current and future technologies by attending developers conferences, training labs, reading, and experimentation with new technologies in the workplace.
- Highlights new technologies that have a potential to impact PCH and educates other members of the group.
- Undertakes projects for the Director of Development and CIO on an as needed basis
- Develops creative and innovative initiatives to improve the services offered by the department.
- Meets with IT on weekly basis to review current issues/projects.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.