This position will manage the operation of satellite outpatient rehabilitation services and inpatient rehabilitation services at designated site, which includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Administrative responsibilities include assurance of proper functioning of the department through leadership, management, and development of outpatient and inpatient therapy services and programs at the satellites. Responsible for overseeing and implementing existing and new programs and the development of clinical supervisors along with overseeing the referral management system for both inpatient and outpatient services. This position must demonstrate a commitment to providing high quality patient care and service through positive leadership and total quality management. This position reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation and will assist the Director with the ongoing fiscal management, compliance of daily operations, state and federal practice guidelines. This position will assist the director with the strategic growth of inpatient and outpatient programs.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively leads daily inpatient acute and outpatient satellite rehabilitation service operations and maintains departmental operational, compliance and quality programs related to patient care, equipment, staffing, and billing
- Maintains incident tracking.
- Insures department is in compliance with DNV, federal and state, CMS and hospital requirements.
- Supports and assures documentation is timely and accurate.
- Timely evaluations and consults according to hospital, state and federal policy.
- Manages and facilitates new MDC clinics.
Responsible for overall human resource management of their direct reports including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Is responsible for facilitating the proper orientation, training and development of all personnel in the inpatient department.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures.
Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with medical and hospital staff, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and encourages a positive attitude in employees.
- Follows hospital policy and procedures.
- Makes effective use of time.
Fiscal accountability for rehabilitation services.
- Is responsible for the effective and efficient use of departmental personnel, including flexing of staff between inpatient and satellites.
- Is responsible for departmental productivity standards.
- Consistently operates within the departmental budget
- Oversees waiting list and makes sure templates are filled to capacity.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.