This position is an entry level medical language specialist who performs office administration functions and transcription of dictations for the department providing timely and accurate patient reports and information to both internal and external customers. This position receives regular review of completed work activities from the Manager, Anatomic Pathology, and does not supervise any other position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides a variety of administrative support functions for the department which includes: customer service (telephone and in-person); conference and on-call scheduling; coordinating, organizing, and maintaining files; microscopic slide filing; arranging for mail collection and distribution; to provide for optimum efficiency of the department.
- Reviews, edits, and formats reports to ensure consistently accurate patient records and associated information in accordance with all requirements, procedures, and standards.
- Gathers, summarizes, and analyzes data, information, blocks and slides as needed or requested for preparation of presentation materials, reporting, consultation and referral.
- Assists in clinical and hospital educational conferences and directives provided by the department which include conference scheduling, preparation, material collection, medical student/resident orientation, and managing presentation materials and files.
- Operates voice dictation and standard office equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Conducts accurate transcription of voice dictation to ensure timely delivery of patient reports in accordance with established department standards.
- Participates in educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels. Independently seeks learning opportunities as appropriate
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.