Posting Note: This is a 40 hour a week, day shift position, with flexible scheduling!! If you have wound care experience, and want to work with a fabulous team who are dedicated to caring for our kids, then this is your opportunity to apply!!! This role will be working with our inpatient and outpatient providers. Incumbent will be working with complex wound care, as well as working closely with our plastic surgery unit.
This position works in collaboration with the Lead Advanced Practitioner Provider, Licensed Independent Practitioner healthcare team, patient, and their family to promote patient care for skin, wound care, and ostomy management through delivery of professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Uses specialized knowledge to complete nursing assessments of patients skin, wound, or ostomy condition consistent with age including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine the patients initial skin, wound, or ostomy care needs in accordance with evidence based standards and per policy. Performs ongoing patient assessments, identifies variations, and changes the nursing plan of care accordingly.
- Works collaboratively with the health care team, patient and family to establish and implement plan of care for skin, wound, and ostomy care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Must work well both independently and with a team. Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable specialty guidelines, standards of care, documentation standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Integrates specialized knowledge into patient and staff education, coaching, and mentoring. Oversees and directs patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, pressure ulcer prevention, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Continually evaluates patient responses to skin, wound, or ostomy care. Provides teaching, and discharge plans for wound and ostomy patients as appropriate. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts.
- Collaborates with the Quality Team on the pressure ulcer prevention safety initiative.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.