This position is responsible for the implementation and administration of server and endpoint systems. Responsibilities include resolving server/endpoint OS and hardware incidents across multiple technology platforms, including but not limited to, VMware ESX, Windows Server/Desktop OS, Microsoft Clusters, Citrix XenApp, VDI (VMWare View) Active Directory, Exchange Server, other OS platforms (Linux/AIX), Dell Blade Servers and SAN/NAS devices.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provisions physical and virtual servers including racking, cabling, operating system installation and provides support for vendor systems.
- Creates and builds physical and virtual OS desktop images, application packages, driver installations, and corporate branded personalization.
- Responsible for adhering to change management processes, incident response, and testing methodologies for modifications to systems and software. This includes: anticipating, mitigating, identifying, responding to, troubleshooting and resolving issues with the systems and software. Documents, addresses and resolves all customer incidents, problems and requests in a timely manner.
- Develops documentation related to new and existing systems.
- Executes established plans for disaster recovery methodologies.
- Performs regular systems maintenance including OS/application patches, driver updates, and regular performance monitoring.
- Provides excellent customer service by seeking to understand and address the customer’s needs and expectations through effective communication, and collaboration.
- Participates in on-call coverage (during business and after hours) to support all infrastructure related systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.