Psychometrists administer and score neuropsychological, psychological, personality and academic tests for patients with mild to severe traumatic brain injury, neurological diseases, psychological health issues or learning disabilities, or for psychological or neuropsychological research. The psychometrist is skilled in the administration and scoring of objective neuropsychological and psychological test batteries and management of the care, storage and inventory of neuropsychological and psychological test materials, as well as patient test data. The psychometrist may only perform duties under the general supervision of licensed neuropsychologists and psychologists. The supervising neuropsychologist/ psychologist provides technical and clinical guidance and uses the assessments and reports that the psychometrist performs and prepares to assist in diagnosing and preparing treatment plans for patients or to recommend treatment to patients referring doctors.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Administer and score psychological tests as defined in competencies.
- Score tests administered, including objective personality tests administered by Psychologist.
- Provide a written summary of the patient’s behavior during testing, including any interactions with the patient’s parents or peers that may be observed incidentally.
- Write progress notes in the medical record to keep hospital personnel informed of the status of referrals
- Attend training conferences offered by the department as well as by outside organizations.
- Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency
- Review and ensure timeliness, accuracy, and availability and security of information.
- Comply with Infection Control and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Understands, adheres to and models Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.