This position assists the orthopedic practitioners and other staff members with the care and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions. The Orthopedic Technician will predominately operate in the clinic locations however, there are occasions where they may be required to perform work in a hospital based setting.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Applies and removes casts, changes dressings, and removes sutures/staples as directed by the presiding practitioner. The employee documents actions taken, supplies used, techniques utilized, related measurements, etc. in the patient's electronic medical record according to PCH policy.
- Assists providers with the application, adjustment and removal of splints, slings and other orthopedic DME related appliances.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Oversees the orthopedic material stock levels and places orders to replenish supplies on an as needed basis.
- Supports routine clinic care functions, including patient intake, discharge, and care follow up
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.