This position is responsible for the coordination and management of the physician schedules for office based procedures, outpatient surgery, laboratory, radiology and inpatient services. The position works with systems, physicians and team members to appropriately schedule complex services. This position can act as a scheduler as back-up and secures authorization for upcoming complex services.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Coordinates the scheduling of procedures and works with ancillary departments while simultaneously synchronizing services with families.
- Facilitates the timely completion of scheduling requests from community and employed physicians with the use of PCH internal referral management systems. Requests medical records as needed for completion of services.
- Acts as a back up to office based schedulers which includes telephone, referral and appointment management of schedules. This position understands how to modify, correct, cancel and overbook appointments if required.
- Works closely with clinical staff for multi-disciplinary visit and procedures coordination
- Serves as liaison between hospital scheduling departments and the authorization department to secure authorization prior to medical services.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.