This position performs a variety of inventory, supply-stocking, and disbursement functions for all clinical and non-clinical areas of the Hospital to provide for the continuous availability of items for efficient department operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Gathers, packs, and delivers inventory items to various on - and off-campus locations.
- Maintains current inventory records by decrementing and incrementing items to reflect activity levels to provide for continuously available accurate information.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Participates in regular review of sterile stock items to ensure integrity of packaging. Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs inventory counts of all surgical case and specialty carts. Stocks and replenishes items to provide for ongoing availability of required items.
- Receives incoming inventory items and determines bin locations, units of measure, and appropriate dispensing units.
- Receives supply and equipment requisitions from departments and coordinates delivery of items to ensure accuracy and timeliness of response in accordance with established standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.