The Business Operations Manager position leads the financial and business operations of the Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine to include development and presentation of financial reports, assisting with operational and strategic business plans, oversight of contracting process, and overall laboratory business development.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops monthly financial reports and KPI to track operational and financial performance for the clinical laboratory, blood bank, outpatient and genomics services.
- Reviews and summarizes monthly reports and KPI with lab operational supervisors, managers, Medical Directors/Section heads. Presents monthly financial summary and trends to Vice President and Department Head.
- Assists in dashboard development to review monthly metrics and trending for presentation to the monthly operating review meeting chaired by the COO.
- Partners with Financial Decision Support to develop and assist with operational and strategic business plans for the department, including forecasting of ROI, and NPV for new staff and equipment.
- Partners with legal services to oversee lab contracting process with key vendors (equipment, group purchasing organizations (GPO)), outsourced services, Reference lab oversight, lab outreach service providers, and managed care organizations.
- Develops business case for, implements, then oversees call-center services for the clinical laboratory (as appropriate).
- Partners with VP and Departmental Head to develop an effective lab-utilization and resource stewardship program.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.