Posting Note: Please note: The Annual Giving Officer will: •Work independently and as part of the team to secure mid-level gifts and build the pipeline of future major gift donors to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. •Personally manage a portfolio of mid-level giving donors/prospects through phone calls, personal visits, and other meaningful interactions, identifies and qualifies new prospects; cultivates, solicits and closes gifts between $1,000 - $25,000; and stewards lead annual and mid-level donors. •Execute and grow the Heroes Circle program through direct mail, digital fundraising and broad-based outreach to midlevel donors and prospects. •Support key auxiliary groups with a focus on providing auxiliary leaders with the tools necessary to meet their objectives and goals. •Execute and grow the Phoenix Children’s Hospital employee and physician giving campaign.
The Development Officer I identifies, develops, broadens, and maximizes philanthropic support from individual and business prospects to increase awareness and support of hospital programs, initiatives and goals through philanthropic giving.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Discovers/cultivates/solicits stewardship activities to develop a portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure achievement of fundraising goals and purposes. Develops strategies for identifying potential prospects and introducing new and additional individuals and businesses to philanthropy at PCH. Regularly reports activities and results against targets to achieve/exceed performance metrics. Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize giving potential of donors.
- Collaborates with Foundation colleagues to develop and implement prospect cultivation and recognition collateral, promotional materials and proposals to engage and increase interest in philanthropy and sponsorship from individuals and businesses.
- Develops expertise in Hospital Centers of Excellence and all clinical care areas, research and programs funded through philanthropy. Build relationships and ongoing interaction with physicians, researchers, program directors and administrators with personnel, programmatic and capital funding needs.
- Represents Phoenix Children’s appropriately at community functions, networking events and by nurturing new and existing relationships.
- Maintains professional competency by pursuing industry knowledge, keeping apprised of current and national trends and building awareness of latest technologies and best practices to promote performance.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.