Posting Note: This position's hours are 7pm - 7:30am and will rotate the following schedule: Mon/Tue/Wed/Sat/Sun/Wed/Thu/Fri and you would receive a 3rd shift differential.
The Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as primary liaison for patients receiving professional and hospital services at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects co-pay and deductible amounts at time of service. Some travel from site to site may be necessary based on business needs of the department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at the time of registration or arrival.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Courteously answers the telephone and answers all questions in a timely manner.
- Identifies and refers uninsured and underinsured patients to the Financial Counselor.
- Inquires patient account system(s) to identify any previous unpaid liability in AMPFM/Misys.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration has been performed in a timely manner.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs registration in appropriate HIS system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.