Posting Note: **Wed-Sat 2pm-11pm**
This position performs diagnostic sonography examinations and procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs diagnostic sonography examinations on patients across the spectrum of congenital and acquired disease for intrerpretation by a radiologist. Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards, protocols and procedures. Performs or assists (as required and per training and expertise) interventional and operative exams.
Documents preliminary report
- Creates a detailed report to include pertinent positive and negative anatomic findings and measurements using proper technique and positions, and medical history for presentation to interpreting physician. Report is clear, concise, and grammatically correct and utilizes appropriate spelling and punctuation.
- Maintains professional and technical competencies by attending CMEs, keeping active certification by ARDMS, keeping apprised of current literature, attending and assisting in monthly journal club, and maintaining BLS and TB.
Represents Ultrasound in a positive and professional manner
- Interacts professionally with peers, guests, patients, families and internal and external clients. Projects a positive image of the sonography team.
Performs finalizing functions
- Assures studies are appropriately transferred to electronic archives and tracked. Takes steps to quickly remedy identified errors and omissions utilizing the chain of command as necessary.
Ownership and departmental growth
- Seeks and shares QI opportunities and initiatives; shares feedback re: procedures and protocols; communicates frequently with medical administrative leadership.
Care of professional environment
- Participates in cleaning, re-stocking, re-supplying, and turnover of ultrasound exam room and equipment to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventative maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.