This position, under general supervision, employs a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in a particular field of specialization to plan, coordinate, and conduct research.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Applies an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems, or applies specialized techniques or ingenuity in selecting and evaluating approaches to unforeseen or novel problems.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data. Prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs as appropriate to the specific position. Prepares manuscripts for publication. Presents research results to scientific conferences and other groups.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of scientific methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Designs, performs, and/or oversees experiments and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems. Independently performs most research assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work. May participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts scientific research requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaption and modification of standard scientific techniques. Serves as principal investigator, as appropriate, on sub-projects of complexities consistent with above criteria.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.