This position proactively identifies and improves quality and patient safety practices by affecting care and processes at the bedside/point of care utilizing project/program management and data driven strategies and interventions. Proficient at change management methodologies including team building and facilitation, will building, and communication strategies, assisting in the coordination and aggregation of information for use by unit leadership in its decision making to focus improvement efforts.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Assesses and improves care at the bedside using high reliability processes
- Assesses patient care processes for safety/risk issues using expert understanding of clinical standards of care.
- Proficient at communication, able to connect with a variety of staff in a professional manner while influencing change and behavior.
- Sets goals for areas of responsibility and works with multidisciplinary groups to attain and sustain improvement.
- Maintains connection with the big picture while implementing at the micro level. Uses knowledge of complex adaptive systems thinking taking into account the necessary structures, processes, and organizational landscapes/dynamics impacting successful implementation.
Expertise in Patient Safety and Performance improvement tools
- Utilizes current data sources and seeks new sources to understand complex problems.
- Conducts root cause analysis, risk assessments, as well as failure mode analysis as needed.
- Creates trends from data collection that reflect current practice and quantifies improvement opportunities.
- Integrates large volumes of data and information into a succinct problem definition.
- Uses critical thinking, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills to reduce complex issues to realistic/feasible solutions and staging.
- Utilizes a variety of Performance Improvement tools: PI, CQI, Lean, rapid cycle improvement to assess, analyze and improve outcomes.
- Coaches others to use reliability principles when determining interventions. Designs PDSAs, facilitates PDSA cycles and documents results.
- Trains others to utilize QI/Lean tools including but not limited to flow diagrams, modified FMEA and pareto charts.
Leadership expertise with identification of priority areas and goal setting
- Recommends strategic priority areas for the organization based on data and trends.
- Works autonomously to identify areas of improvement, create action plans and successfully implement interventions to sustain improvement organization wide using appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to train and educate others on a variety of reliability and performance improvement tools.
- Develops processes and infrastructure that is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Expertise on regulatory standards and requirements, able to apply knowledge to a
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.