Posting Note: CVOR Scrub Tech position
This position performs a variety of technical functions and duties to provide for availability of supplies and equipment and maintains sterile field for operating procedures.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists to perform room turnovers in accordance with established procedure and department requirements/standards as part of procedural team.
Participates in a variety of surgical cases by assisting surgeons at the surgical field.
- Prepares and sets up operating room for surgical procedures and organizes sterile areas, instruments, and equipment in accordance with established procedure, department, and physician requirements and standards.
- Handles and cares for specific instrumentation to prevent breakage and damage.
- Reviews requirements of patient, physician, and procedure idiosyncrasies to assess set up, equipment, and supply needs.
- Communicates with procedural team to provide for thorough preparedness.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate source for performing or assisting with procedures as needed based on level of personal expertise.
- Handles and labels all specimens.
- Suggests and assists update and maintain physician preference cards.
- Participates in re-stocking, re-supplying, and cleaning of all operating rooms, specialty carts, and sterile core to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Serves as preceptor to students and orients regarding functions, duties, and role of Surgical Technician.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.