This position requires organizational, business and financial savvy to consistently facilitate successful outcomes of complex strategic initiatives and/or projects. The role demands resourcefulness and the ability to manage ambiguity in order to drive results and ensure accountability. The position requires extensive understanding healthcare in order to advance the goals of Phoenix Childrens Hospital and its affiliates.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides coordination of project intake, definition of scope and kick-off
- Works with project stakeholders to define the scope of the program or project.
- Creates a comprehensive project charter to outline the details of the program or project.
- Leads the sponsorship team to define clear roles and outline accountability expectations for all stakeholders.
- Keeps the sponsorship team moving through intake toward kick-off.
- Holds the kick-off meeting to clearly and consistently outline the project plan, ownership and individual member roles for project completion.
Maintains comprehensive documentation of all projects throughout the project cycle
- Monitors and updates all projects regularly.
- Creates or monitors all project communications from the project owners to assure that regular updates occur.
- Tracks all issues during project implementation to assure that the project is completed within scope and on-time.
- Provides guidance to all participants to assure that regular meetings and routine communications for all components are occurring.
- Coordinates multiple demands effectively to accomplish goals with limited resources and sensitivity to the organizational culture.
Manages programs or highly complex projects in coordination with the project team
- Defines scope, plan, budget and schedule within the Charter and then leads the team through a successful implementation.
- Assures all project team members complete their assigned duties and/or escalates when additional direction is needed.
- Schedules and documents regular meetings with the project team to ensure the project is tracking appropriately.
- Tracks all issues and the individuals and steps needed for successful mitigation.
- Ensures all team members follow-through on all commitments and comfortably addresses organizational politics.
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with uncertainty - persistent in producing outcomes when details are in flux, and deals with problems that don't have a clear solution.
Consistently demonstrates initiative and accountability
- Works independently and with a clear sense of ownership to manage projects with minimum guidance.
- Identifies and communicates all project risks, mitigation plan and responsible resources.
- Works in cooperation with all program and project participants to assure that all are accountable for their individual task completion.
- Maintains knowledge of organizational, health care and marketplace trends to help drive strategy and actions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.