This position provides general oversight for assigned area to ensure daily technical operations achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control, inventory management, and regulatory standards for the Interventional Radiology (IR) area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position receives supervision of work activities from the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging. This position assists the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging with supervising IR Technologists.
- Attends and facilitates meetings and special assignments that relate to this position and service such as department leadership meetings, department staff meetings, and Quality Assurance. Prepares and delivers lectures and publications relating to pediatric interventional studies within and outside the institution. Schedules regular work group meetings for interventional staff technologists in partnership with IR RN team leader.
- Maintains and supports the Radiology PYXIS system to stay within budgetary constraints
- Maintains the continuing education required for this position. Coordinates staff development trains, orients, and educates IR team to the IR area and service. Oversees licensure requirements of team members.
- Oversees key processes that ensure the timeliness of order response, exam completion, and results reporting. Approves and monitors patient scheduling to insure patient flow and safety. Coordinates activities of technical staff to maintain integrity and efficiency of the Radiology Information System. Performs clinical work as dictated by patient volumes and staffing levels. Devises and maintains QI indicators and programs the Interventional division. Supervises all aspects of IR procedures. Assists with developing policies, standards, and exam protocols.
- Provides fiscal oversight in the following areas: Assists with developing budget and oversees inventories, orders, and receives division supplies to maintain operations within budgetary constraints.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.