The Care Management Tech - PCCN supports the efforts of Phoenix Childrens Care Networks (PCCN) Care Management Team by performing a wide range of administrative duties that promote a positive patient-family experience throughout the care coordination process. The Care Management Tech - PCCN interacts directly with patients and families, matrixed departments within PCCN and Phoenix Childrens Hospital (PCH), other healthcare organizations, and third-party payers. This position reports to the Director, Clinical Integration and may receive regular direction on work activities from the Chief Medical Officer and Manager, Care Coordination.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a) Monitors all sources of patient candidate identification and referrals.
- b) Receives referrals to PCCNs Care Management program and sends acknowledgement to referral source.
- c) Conducts initial eligibility verification for Care Coordination patient candidates.
- d) Enters information for eligible patients into the Care Coordination system as directed by the Director, Clinical Integration or Manager, Care Coordination.
- a) Monitors Care Coordination reports and updates documentation as needed.
- b) Cross-references reports available to care management team to identify and execute communication and case creation.
- c) Monitors bereavement report and facilitates communication to the care team.
- d) Produces regular productivity reports for the team and populates dashboards for leadership to track key performance indicators.
- e) May perform outbound calls on behalf of network practices to assist patients in obtaining necessary services to close gaps in care, and facilitate calls to payers to correct PCP assignment as needed.
- f) Completes newborn outreach calls to capture Primary Care Physician (PCP) assignment and/or assist families in identifying and establishing with an in-network PCP.
- g) Assists families as needed with ad hoc requests outside of standard care management program processes.
- h) Works collaboratively with team members and performs cross-coverage for the Care Navigator and Social Services Tech positions.
- i) May assist in training of new Care Navigators.
- a) Coordinates administrative onboarding needs for new hires.
- b) Processes returned mail.
- c) Performs mail merge function and coordinates mailing of letters to families and providers on behalf of the care management team.
- c) Assists with scheduling meetings on behalf of the care management team as needed.
- d) Faxes documentation as directed by members of the Care Management Team.
- e) Provides administrative support to the department that may include but is not limited to: calendar management, P-Card reconciliation, booking travel, arranging catering, and taking meeting minutes.
- a) Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications with all internal and external customers.
- b) Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all internal and external customers.
- c) Responds to email within 24 hours or one business day.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.