Posting Note: Please note: Position requires payment posting experience and knowledge of the following : excel, posting payments via 835 or manual. Full understanding of how to read EOB.
This position will monitor and oversee the Accounts Receivables daily functions of the Physician Revenue Cycle department to include, but not limited to, its staff and equipment need. This position also acts as a liaison between management and employees with concerns, issues, and feedback, including ensuring compliance with hospital and departmental policies.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Acts as technical resource and liaison to payers, employees, and management by researching, resolving, and clearing claim discrepancies.
Assists other Accounts Receivable staff members as required/requested in completion of production activities.
- Prepares and distributes a variety of standard reports of financial activities to provide for timely information for decision-making.
Proactively interfaces with payors, employees, and management to resolve accounts receivable exceptions, reconcile remittance statements, and update payor information.
- Resolves missing accounts receivable documentation issues to ensure timely and accurate payment in accordance with terms, regulatory requirements, and conditions
Supervises and coordinates area work flow to ensure efficient operations by providing guidance and problem resolution and monitoring accounts receivable functions.
- Works cooperatively and in conjunction with Information Technology, acting as department?s representative for accounts receivable system needs. Makes recommendations for system changes, upgrades, and enhancements to improve delivery of programs and service
- Works cooperatively with department managers and/or designee to research claims and patient payment issues. Prepares corrections as indicated to ensure optimum and timely resolution of issues
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.