This position performs diagnostic cardiac sonography examinations and cardiology procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Diagnostic cardiac sonography
- Performs diagnostic cardiac sonography examinations on patients across the spectrum of congenital and acquired heart disease for interpretation by Cardiologist. Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards, protocols and procedures. Performs or assists with transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography as required and per training and expertise.
Documents preliminary report
- Creates a detailed report of sonographer's impressions to include pertinent positive and negative anatomic findings and measurements for presentation to interpreting physician. It includes exam aspects outside sonogram results that may relate to diagnosis or treatment, including, but not limited to, patient reaction to temperature, pressure or movement of transducer, ability to respond to instructions, and movement limitations. Report is clear, concise, and grammatically correct and utilizes appropriate spelling and punctuation.
Maintains professional and technical competency
- Constantly pursues knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the field. Attends staff meetings; participates in PCH educational offerings and off-site conferences/seminars; and completes self-directed learning via professional journals, texts and appropriate online resources.
Represents Cardiodiagnostics in a positive and professional manner.
- Interacts professionally with peers, guests, patients, families and internal and external clients. Projects a positive image of the Cardiac Sonography team.
Performs finalizing functions
- Assures studies are appropriately transferred to electronic archives, tracked and billed. Takes steps to quickly remedy identified errors and omissions utilizing the chain of command as necessary.
Ownership and departmental growth
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods. Seeks and shares QI opportunities and initiatives; shares feedback re: procedures and protocols; communicates frequently with medical and administrative leadership.
Care of professional environment
- Participates in cleaning, re-stocking, re-supplying, and turnover of cardiodiagnostic exam rooms and equipment to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.