This position provides American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services for deaf and hard of hearing patients and families in a wide variety of hospital and outpatient clinical settings and English interpretation of ASL for medical providers, and other hospital/clinic support staff.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Concurrently performs English to ASL and ASL to English interpretation of patient care needs between patient, family and health care team members to ensure understanding of needs, issues, and/or concerns.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of interpretation activities in the medical record.
- Enters encounters into Language Services data base.
Provides recommendations to health care team on how best to improve communication needs of patient and/or family.
- Assists with providing for the deaf and hard of hearing patient/family communication needs, including assessing and adjusting lighting, seating arrangements and access to visual aides or recommending additional communication resources like a certified deaf interpreter (CDI).
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.