This position is the liaison between Radiology and contemporaries within the IT Department and assists in being responsible for the software solutions within Radiology, e.g. PACS, RIS, Rightfax, etc., as well as day to day maintenance and ensured functioning of interpreting hardware. This position also creates process/trouble shooting documentation and takes an active role in training/mentoring lower level technicians through presentations and leading projects.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Creates and maintains up-to-date standards for client computing environments.
- Assists radiology staff in correcting patient demographics, study attributes.
- Performs daily QA clean-up on PACS Radiologist interpretation work station.
- Maintain HIPAA standards around radiology study management and sharing of images with outside facilities.
Ensures compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA) with all
aspects of technology support via desk ticketing system.
- Reviews daily, corrects, merges, and creates medical images to ensure ongoing integrity of master patient index.
- Maintains integrity, security, and access to medical data, including security levels, to ensure confidentiality.
Leads small or medium-sized departmental projects and is responsible for meeting project timeliness.
- Provides staff training and orientation on specific RIS functions, PACS, CD burners and Scanner applications, I.E., Image tracking, deficiency management to ensure thorough staff knowledge and understanding of PACS work flow. Works closely with Imaging Department staff to support technical training designed to maintain and improve the core competencies of imaging system users.
Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Identify and recommend process automation opportunities.
Takes ownership of processes/procedures, to include the creation of documentation and training for peers and end-users.
- Regular contribution to the knowledge base. Creation and facilitation of training materials and presentations for applications, systems and tools.
- Departmental on-call coverage for front end application and process support.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.